This is Current Affairs For various SSC exams, interview, competitive examinations, and entrance tests.
Click here for 22 may 2018 current affairs
1-AB De Villiers Retires From International Cricket
Star South African batsman AB de Villiers
has announced his decision to retire from international cricket with immediate effect.
In his 14-year career, he played 114 Tests, 228 One-Day Internationals (ODI) and 78 T20 Internationals.
Some of the Phenomenal Records of ABD are:
The World Record for the fastest ODI 50 (16 balls), 100 (31 balls) and 150 (64 balls), the second highest individual Test score for South Africa (278*), the highest points (935) by a South African on the ICC Test rankings and has claimed the coveted SA Cricketer of the Year award twice (2014 and 2015).
2-Important Cabinet Approvals- 23rd May 2018
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given the following set of approvals. The important Cabinet Approvals are given as follows-
The Cabinet has approved-
1. MoU between India and Angola for promoting bilateral cooperation in the field of Electronics and Information Technology.
2. MoU signed between India and France in the field of Renewable Energy.
3. MoU between India and Denmark on Food Safety Cooperation.
4. MoU between India and Morocco on India-Morocco cooperation in Renewable Energy.
5. MoU between India and Turkey on trade in poppy seeds to ensure quick and transparent processing for import of poppy seeds from Turkey.
6. MoU between India and Singapore on Cooperation in the field of Personnel Management and Public Administration.
7. Provision of mobile connectivity in Left Wing Extremism Areas.
8. Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF) scheme for the provision of mobile services in Meghalaya under Comprehensive Telecom Development Plan (CTDP)for North Eastern Region.
3-HD Kumaraswamy Took Oath As New Karnataka CM
The JD(S)-Congress coalition government head HD Kumaraswamy was sworn-in as the New Chief Minister of Karnataka. Governor Vajubhai Vala administered the oath of office and secrecy to Kumaraswamy.
Congress Leader G. Parameshwara was sworn in as Deputy Chief Minister. There are 221 elected members in the Legislative Assembly, and the coalition partners have 117 members, including one BSP and two independents.
4-Bank Of Baroda Locates Major Operations At GIFT City
Bank of Baroda has successfully located most of its operational activities at ashared service centre (SSC) at the GIFT City near Ahmedabad. The bank will now offer its services including retail loan processing, deposit account opening, forex and call center from the SSC, which will have a staff strength of 200.
The bank will thus become one of the largest employers in the Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar region. The bank had taken 20,000 sq, ft of office space in GIFT City, making it the first Indian bank to move several key operations to the smart city.
5-Manika Batra, Mirabai Chanu Sign Up With IOS Sports
Commonwealth gold medal winning table tennis star Manika Batra and weightlifter Mirabai Chanu have signed multi-year agreements with sports management firm IOS.
IOS will now manage their endorsements, appearances, brand profiling, patents, licensing and digital rights, images, and visibility on social networking sites. With this deal, Manika and Mirabai join the likes of boxing stars MC Mary Kom, Vijender Singh and Saina Nehwal on the IOS roster.
6-Pravin Agrawal Appointed BHEL Director
State-run power equipment maker Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has appointed Pravin L. Agrawal as a part-time official director on its board.
An Indian Forest Service officer, Agrawal is presently joint secretary in the Department of Heavy Industry (DHI), Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises.